Media image full width
Access to essentials is the main thing Relieve the financial burden on people living in poverty
Only put food or personal hygiene products with a long shelf life in your parcel, for example:
- Cosmetic products such as baby hygiene products and hygiene products made of paper or cotton wool
- Dental hygiene products (toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Food in tubes, bags/pouches or Tetra Paks (e.g. mayonnaise, mustard, potato rösti in a bag, sauces in Tetra Paks, soup pouches, etc.)
- Tins and jars (e.g. tinned ravioli, fruit, vegetables, etc.)
- Flour, rice
- Oil and vinegar
- All breakfast items such as jam, honey, muesli, oats, cocoa powder, etc.
The best before date of the products should be at least the end of June 2024. The goods are distributed in Switzerland by the Swiss Red Cross to people living in poverty and social institutions. Those living in poverty in Switzerland receive food and personal hygiene items. The proceeds from the online parcels go to people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (see box).
Instead of filling a parcel at home, you can also put together an online parcel at 2xchristmas.ch. Select the gifts or the amount you would like to donate. By doing so, you will help people living in poverty in Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kyrgyzstan and Moldova get through the tough winter months.